Unitised curtain walling describes a panel system of glazing that is fully fabricated and assembled in a controlled factory environment. Like precast concrete panels it is transported to site on “A” frames and low loaders. It is lifted directly onto a steel or concrete super structure and attached with special adjustable retention cleats fitted to the edges of floor plates. External Access Equipment is not required but the dedicated use of a crane is.
Direct costs may be greater than curtain walling but significantly reduced installation times, certainty of programme and omission of access requirements lead to quicker client handover and we believe a reduction in total project costs.
- Schüco USC 65 Fully beaded system with the option of either a Horizontal and Vertical emphasis
- Schüco UCC 65 Structurally Silicone Glazed (S.S.G.)
- Frameless Solutions
- Curves, Facets and Corners
- Vertical or Horizontal emphasis
- Insert Units e.g. Smoke Vents, Windows, Doors
Accessories & Extras
A similar range of accessories can be fitted to our unitised systems as that as shown in our curtain walling section.
Some examples are:
- Visible and framed opening vents.
- Structurally glazed invisible vents.
(Both options can be top, bottom, and side hung or tilt and turn)
- Pop out Vents.
- Smoke vents.
- Accelerated Site Programs
- Production line fabrication
- Site time reduced drastically
- Trained staff ensure build quality
- Factory controlled quality
- Rapid closure of building
- Low level training for site staff
- Allows internal trades to follow-on
- Ideal for large / tall buildings and compressed building sites